Baking has always been a good thing for me. It relaxes me and allows me to be creative with recipes.
I love reading a recipe or watching a video and getting inspired to make something different and unique.
So, today I made cakes. But, not just any type of cakes…these nifty little things were mug cakes.
I made Nutella and oat mug cakes and I have to say they were delicious. I was inspired to make these after seeing Cutiepiemarzia’s video where she made them and I thought I would share them.
So, to make these cakes you will need:
- a mug
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped pecan nuts (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
- Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- And, finally one tablespoon of Nutella
For the method all you have to do is:
- whisk together the milk, olive oil and sugar
- then you add in the flour and whisk until smooth
- then whisk in the oats, pecans (if using), baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg (if using)
- You then just pop the mug with the batter into the microwave
- You put it on for 30 seconds non-stop and then continue in 15 second bursts until it looks cooked on top and is springy to touch.
This recipe worked great for me and the cake was absolutely amazing. You should definitely try this.
My rating: 5 out of 5 stars